Trade Area Mapping
Are you looking for more effective ways to spend your advertising dollars? Effective marketing decisions begin with knowing precisely who your customers are, where they live, where pockets of your prospective "best" customers exist, and where your competitors are located.
Where Are Your Customers?
Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software, the UWSP Continuing Education Small Business Development Center maps your current customer database. GIS maps help you:
- Visualize customer density
- See the size and location of your trade area
- See concentrations of prospective customers
- Target potential customers by demographic characteristics
Choosing a location?
The Small Business Development Center maps prospective locations for your business start-up, new location for an established business or additional site for an expanding enterprise! Maps show you the merits of one location over others by pinpointing:
- Proximity of competitors
- Drive time from a variety of access points
- Key demographics of the surrounding population
- Socio-economic and demographic data within a three-mile radius
Define your marketplace
SBDC counselors help you define your marketplace and your customer profile as well as identify mapping criteria. Call the UWSP Continuing Education Small Business Development Center at 715-346-3838 or email Mary.Wescott@uwsp.edu for details and project estimate.
Review our examples of completed projects for more ideas on how trade area mapping can help you and your business grow!